i think that majority of questions that i got from this post were pleas for healthy recipes! to make the posts a little less crazy, i'll be spreading them out meal by meal. let's start with my favorite meal of the day: breakfast. i think that breakfast is also the hardest meal of the day to make healthfully. it is much easier to pour a bowl of cereal than to cook, or to grab a donut on the way to work. i get it, BUT these meals above are all super easy to make and quick. every recipe above can be enjoyed during detox except for the oatmeal and sans fruit. after the first two weeks feel free to add oats and berries in, just watch your portion sizes.*
1. for christmas my darling husband surprised me with one of these beauties so i am super in to smoothies right now. this green smoothie is chock full of good things.
2. these egg muffins are a great make-ahead.
3. if you are in detox mode greek yogurt will be your best friend. so rich and creamy, seems wrong but it's so right. sheena who took that beautiful photo shows you here how to make your own. i love sheena's blog and she posts great, healthy recipes all the time.
4. i love frittatas because you can throw whatever you want in. i also make these for dinner and eat the leftovers for breakfast (sam is not a fan). my favorite recipe is ina garten's omelet for 2 (er 1) minus the potatoes.
5. my beloved oatmeal. good for the soul i tell you. i love mixing in a little bit of dried fruit and a scoop of almond butter. turkey bacon doesn't hurt either.
sam and i make turkey bacon and scrambled eggs more than anything. it's fast and so delicious. we season with redmond's real salt and some cracked pepper. i also wanted to mention that i try to wait 12 hours between dinner and breakfast. here's why:
*note: if you're having oatmeal, you don't want to have fruit at the same time in the beginning. after several weeks you can have them together.